Ebooks and infographics
Growth by integrating bioeconomy and low-carbon economy
In this report, the primary focus is to analyse how to achieve full bioeconomy potential and bridge the on-going research to industrial implementation. In the analysis, we have mainly focused on forestry and forest industries, agriculture and food industries, as well as on bioenergy and biofuels. The aim has been to illustrate effective bioeconomy pathways and the impacts of accelerated R&D and related investments in bioeconomy on Finland’s welfare and greenhouse gas mitigation.
Download your free copy now.
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY – ENERGY AND CLIMATE OBJECTIVES CAN BE MET WHILE INCREASING WELFARE
3. INTRODUCTION TO BIOECONOMY TRANSITION
4. TRANSITION SCENARIOS TO LOW-CARBON SOCIETY
4.1 Methods and data used in the scenario analysis
5. PATHWAY TO A NEW PRODUCT STRUCTURE OF FUTURE BIOECONOMY?
5.1 Forest industry changing to ecosystem type, new value-added products replacing diminishing paper
5.2 Agricultural sector
5.3 Smart and integrated concepts are prerequisites for fast transition to sustainable energy system
6. REACHING THE LOW-CARBON AND CLIMATE AND ENERGY POLICY TARGETS
7. ECONOMY IN THE 2050 SCENARIOS
APPENDIX 1: MAIN CHARACTERISTICS OF THE SCENARIOS CONSIDERED
APPENDIX 2: BIOMASS FLOWS IN AGRICULTURE GIVEN AS ANNUAL FLOWS OF DRY MATTER
APPENDIX 3: FOREST-BASED BIOMASS FLOWS